This Quinoa Zucchini Raisin Salad is light and refreshing. It has only a few ingredients and it’s very quick and easy to make. You’ll have it on your table in less than twenty minutes. I love the fresh and clean flavours of the raw crispy zucchini, fresh herbs and lemon-honey dressing. The lemon juice and zest infuse the whole dish with wonderful tangy flavor. The honey and succulent raisins add a beautiful sweetness. If you are looking for a quick, light and easy-to-digest meal, this Quinoa Zucchini Raisin Salad is the perfect dish for you. It’s great for lunch or to bring along on a picnic.
- 1 ½ cups of quinoa
- 1 large zucchini, cut in bite-size chunks
- 1/3 cup of raisins
- ¼ cup of sesame seeds
- ¼ cup of walnuts
- ½ cup of freshly parsley, finely minced
- 2 tsp fresh thyme
- freshly ground black pepper and sea salt
- 1 (small) lemon, zest and juice
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp honey
- Mix the dressing in a large bowl.
- Cut the zucchini and add it to the bowl so it can “cook” inside the dressing. Leave for 10-15 minutes.
- Soak the raisins for 8 minutes, rinse them and add them to the salad bowl.
- Rinse quinoa and cook for 10-15 minutes. Make sure the quinoa still has a little bit of a bite to it when you drain it. Allow quinoa to cool down.
- Add the cooled down quinoa with all the other ingredients to the salad bowl, add the walnuts and sesame seeds and season with freshly ground black pepper and sea salt