Easy and delicious homemade Coconut Rice Milk with only four ingredients: water, rice, coconut milk and a pinch of sea salt. I often buy my coconut rice milk but buying plant-based milks can get expensive. I have tried to re-create the flavours of my favourite, unsweetened Coconut Rice Milk and I am very happy with the result. The most important part is draining the milk through a very fine sieve or cheese cloth otherwise it can get grainy. The naturally occurring sugars in the rice and coconut milk give this homemade Coconut Rice Milk a delicious sweet flavour. I enjoy it as it is but feel free to add any sweetener to taste, like agave nectar, date syrup. coconut nectar or maple syrup. Feel free to add vanilla extract or cinnamon to spice things up!
- 2 liters of filtered water
- 1 cup of sweet brown rice
- 1 cup of coconut milk
- pinch of sea salt
- Add water, rice and coconut milk (no salt!) to a medium-size saucepan Bring up to a boil, lower heat and allow to simmer for 15 minutes. Allow to cool down.
- Then add the mixture with just a pinch of sea salt to a high-speed blender and pulse until you have a smooth consistency. Strain through a fine-mesh sieve or cheese cloth and allow it to cool down again. Check the texture of the Coconut Rice Milk. I like mine to be quite watery. If it’s too thick, you can always add more water.
- Store in air-tight containers in the refrigerator. The Coconut Rice Milk will keep for 3 days, when refrigerated.
July 9, 2014 - 9:45 pm
[…] 1,5 cups coconut rice milk […]