This Mango Coconut Chia Pudding makes a great high-protein breakfast or a lovely sweet and healthy dessert. I love these little chia coconut puddings, They are so easy to make and they are nourishing and delicious. The dried mango adds a rich flavour to the pudding. The coconut yoghurt adds a clean, fresh flavour and gives the pudding a lovely smooth and creamy texture. Chia seeds are a source of complete protein with all the 8 essential amino acids. They are also a great source of healthy omega-3 fatty acids, fiber, protein, antioxidants, calcium and potassium. The high fiber content aids digestion. The high content of omega-3 fatty acids promotes heart health. Coconut yoghurt and coconut rice milk are both great non-dairy alternatives to traditional milk and yoghurt. Coconut yoghurt is a also good source of bone-building calcium and magnesium, a mineral essential for healthy muscle function. It also contains high levels of potassium and iron which are important to maintain your energy levels.
Ingredients (serves 2-4)
- 1/2 cup white chia seeds
- 1/2 cup raw coconut yoghurt + 2-3 tbsp to serve
- 1,5 cups coconut rice milk
- 1/4 cup, dried mango, finely ground or very finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp vanilla powder
- 1 tbsp coconut nectar (optional, sweeten to your taste)
- 2 tbsp toasted coconut flakes
- 1/2 cup of fresh mango, peeled and cubed
- Mix the chia seeds with coconut rice milk, ground mango, vanilla powder and 1/2 cup of coconut yoghurt. Add coconut nectar if you like it on the sweet side.
- Pour the mixture in small glass bowls or glasses, cover and refrigerate overnight or for about eight hours. Chia seeds will be plump and absorb most of the liquid.
- Just before serving, add a layer of coconut yoghurt. Top with fresh mango and toasted coconut flakes.