This home-made granola is delicious and gluten-free. Many people are unknowingly gluten-intolerant or sensitive. Gluten is the protein found in wheat, rye, spelt and barley. Common symptoms of gluten intolerance are brain fog, migraines, hormonal imbalance, fatigue, depression, digestive issues. When you are gluten-intolerant or sensitive, it can be hard to find out what foods are right for you. Breakfast especially can be hard to work around as most store-bought cereals and breads contain gluten and high amounts of sugar. Making your own granola can be a great and healthy option for you. You can mix up this recipe by adding coconut flakes, your choice of nuts, seeds or dried fruits.
- 2 cups of rolled brown rice flakes
- 2 cups of rolled quinoa flakes
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries (sweetened with apple juice)
- 1/3 cup Thompson’s raisins
- 1/3 cup dried apples (sweetened with apple juice)
- 1/3 cup of walnuts
- 1/3 cup sesame seeds
- 1/3 cup sunflower seeds
- 1 tbsp of cinnamon
- 1 tsp of sea salt
- 4 tbsp agave syrup as base
- 1 tbsp coconut oil as base
- Preheat oven at 175 degrees celsius.
- In a large saucepan on low heat up add agave syrup & oil and gently heat up.
- When warm, mix all ingredients in and stir well, until all ingredients are lightly coated.
- Take off heat and place mixture in a baking tray.
- Roast in oven on 175 degrees celsius for 15-20 min, stirring every once in a while, to make sure the mixture is evenly roasted.
- When ready, allow to cool.
- When cooled down, store in a air-tight glass container.
- To serve, pour milk (hemp, almond, rice, oat) over it.