This fresh summer Gazpacho reminds me of hot summers in Spain. Gazpacho is one of my favorite dishes. This Gazpacho with sweet pointed red peppers, fresh chili, scallions and basil bursts with the flavors of summer. It is so simple and easy to make and very refreshing on a hot day. This soup is ready in under five minutes. The only thing you need to do is to chop up your veggies in big chunks and throw them in a blender. I usually have it for lunch or as a starter. I enjoy it on its own or with some lovely sour-dough bread from Le Pain Quotidian.
- 1 cucumber
- 3 sweet pointed red peppers, deseeded
- 20 baby Roma tomatoes
- 3 large tomatoes
- 1 fresh red chili pepper, deseeded
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 scallion
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup of red wine or apple cider vinegar
- 2 cups of water
- freshly ground black pepper and sea salt to taste
- fresh basil to serve
- Chop up your veggies in big chunks.
- Add them to a high-speed blender with two of cups of water, vinegar and olive oil. Pulse until smooth.
- Season with freshly ground black pepper and sea salt to taste
- Serve with fresh basil and a drizzle of olive oil on top. Enjoy your fresh summer gazpacho.