This Quinoa Zucchini Raisin Salad is light and refreshing. It has only a few ingredients and it’s very quick and easy to make. You’ll have it on your table in less than twenty minutes. I love the fresh and clean flavours of the raw crispy zucchini, fresh herbs and lemon-honey dressing. The lemon juice and zest infuse the whole dish with wonderful tangy flavor. The honey and succulent raisins add a beautiful sweetness. If you are looking for a quick, light and easy-to-digest meal, this Quinoa Zucchini Raisin Salad is the perfect dish for you. It’s great for lunch or to bring along on a picnic.
- 1 ½ cups of quinoa
- 1 large zucchini, cut in bite-size chunks
- 1/3 cup of raisins
- ¼ cup of sesame seeds
- ¼ cup of walnuts
- ½ cup of freshly parsley, finely minced
- 2 tsp fresh thyme
- freshly ground black pepper and sea salt
- 1 (small) lemon, zest and juice
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp honey
- Mix the dressing in a large bowl.
- Cut the zucchini and add it to the bowl so it can “cook” inside the dressing. Leave for 10-15 minutes.
- Soak the raisins for 8 minutes, rinse them and add them to the salad bowl.
- Rinse quinoa and cook for 10-15 minutes. Make sure the quinoa still has a little bit of a bite to it when you drain it. Allow quinoa to cool down.
- Add the cooled down quinoa with all the other ingredients to the salad bowl, add the walnuts and sesame seeds and season with freshly ground black pepper and sea salt
Leave a Reply