These Matcha Hemp Recovery Bites help speed up your recovery immediately after exercise. They contain approximately four parts carbohydrate for every one part of protein, which is the ideal ratio for post-workout fuel. Simple carbs come in the form of dates and coconut nectar, protein in the form of hulled hemp seeds, hemp protein, ground flax seeds and coconut flour. These bites also contain healthy fats in the form of coconut oil and electrolytes in the form of sea salt. Coconut flour does not only add protein but also carbs to these Recovery Bites. Make sure to consume these bites within the 20 minute post-workout window to get best results!
Ingredients (10 bites)
- 20 fresh Medjoul dates, deseeded
- 1/4 cup of coconut nectar
- 2 tbsp of Matcha powder or the contents of 3 Matcha tea bags
- 1/4 cup hulled hemp seeds
- 1/4 cup ground flax seeds
- 1/4 cup of hemp protein
- 1/4 cup of coconut flour
- 1 tbsp of coconut oil
- 1 tsp lemon, zest
- 1 tsp lime, zest
- 1 tsp of grated ginger
- lemon & lime juice to moisten (if necessary)
- 1/4 cup of grated coconut (for rolling)
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- Add all ingredients to a food processor, except for the coconut flakes, and mix well. You can also use your hands.
- If you want to make balls, then you need to make little balls with your hands and roll them into the grated coconut. You can also choose a faster option and make Recovery Bars. Simply line a small square baking tray with baking paper and add in the mixture. Smooth it out until you have your desired thickness. Sprinkle the grated coconut on top and, using your hands, press the coconut into the mixture so it’s no longer loose.
- Place baking tray in the freezer. When solid (they won’t freeze rock solid), cut into bars. You can use cling film to individually wrap them and take them on the go.