This Coconut Yoghurt Banana Bread is soft and moist and packed with flavour. It contains on of my favourite ingredients, vanilla coconut yoghurt. The coconut yoghurt gives the banana bread a moist, chewy texture. You can buy it at many organic stores and Marqt. I’ve added crunchy walnuts, succulent raisins and chocolate chips. The chocolate I used in the Coconut Yoghurt Banana Bread is super delicious. It’s cooking chocolate made with rice milk instead of dairy. It’s also soy-free and refined sugar-free. It’s hard to find a good chocolate without refined sugar or soy-lecithin. Soy-lecithin is such a common additive used in many pre-packaged foods and in most store-bought chocolate. It’s used as an emulsifier to keep the cocoa butter (fat) portion stable, so it doesn’t separate from the other ingredients. This also increases the chocolate’s shelf life. Some people get digestive problems from ingesting (soy) lecithin. I try to avoid it as much as I can. If you are looking for a healthy and delicious cooking chocolate to make cakes, muffins, desserts or truffles, I can really recommend this one.
Flour mix/dry mix:
- 1,5 cups almond flour
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 cup quick oats
- 3 tbsp fine coconut sugar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp vanilla powder
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 3 eggs or subsitute with 3 flax eggs
- 3 large, very ripe bananas, peeled
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1 tray (125 gr) vanilla coconut yoghurt.
- 1/4 cup of melted coconut oil
- 1/2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup Vivani cooking chocolate, chopped
- Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees Celsius
- Mix dry ingredients in a bowl and set aside.
- Mix wet ingredients (eggs, banana, maple syrup, coconut sugar, coconut yoghurt) in a food procesor. Then add the dry ingredients. Pulse but make sure not to overmix.
- Manually mix in walnuts, raisins and chocolate.
- Pour mixture into a baking tray or bread pan lined with baking paper.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes or until a sharp knife comes out clean. The Banana Bread should be moist inside.