This Mango Avocado Bean Salad is a bit of summer on your plate. It is fresh, simple, colorful and has a nice crunchy texture. The chili adds a bit of spice and the mango adds some sweetness and freshness. I love the combination of sweet mango, spicy chili and creamy avocado. I remember having tasted this combination of flavors before when I was on a yoga retreat in Bali. This dish takes me back down memory lane. I can picture myself eating this lovely fresh salad in the shade on a lovely Bali afternoon. The blazing sun outside, coconut trees towering high above me, a lovely sea breeze, colorful flowers and exotic fruits growing on the trees around me. When I think of Bali, I think of color and all those amazing tropical fruits. Perhaps this is my idea of creating my own tropical and sunny island in the heart of Amsterdam.
- 1 cup of Black quinoa
- 1 can (240 gr) of kidney beans
- 1 avocado, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 mango, peeled and chopped
- 2 tbsp of spring onion (scallions)
- 15 baby Roma tomatoes, halved
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 1 lime, juice
- 1 fresh red chili pepper, minced
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp of tahini
- 1 tbsp fresh cilantro, finely chopped (coriander)
- freshly ground black pepper and sea salt to taste
- Rinse the black quinoa and cook in vegetable stock for 5 minutes and let stand for 10 minutes.
- In large salad bowl, the tomatoes, mango, avocado, bell pepper, spring onion and kidney beans.
- In a separate jar mix the dressing ingredients together and season with freshly ground black pepper and sea salt.
- Add the cooled down quinoa and dressing to the salad bowl and mix well.
Leave a Reply