This Endive Blood Orange Salad is pure simplicity. The ingredients speak for themselves. I love blood oranges and couldn’t resist buying a whole bunch of them at the local market last weekend. The ones I bought were very sweet and dark red. Their intense flavor and sweetness pair really well with bitter flavors, such as Belgian endives, hemp oil and walnuts. The date balsamic adds another layer of sweetness to this dish. If you enjoy delicious and fresh flavors on your plate, this is going to be one of your favorite salads.
- 2 heads of endive, chopped
- 1 Moro orange or other type of blood orange, in slices
- 1 head of lettuce (Little Gem, Radicchio or Salanovo), leaves
- 1/3 cup walnuts
- 3 tbsp hemp oil
- 1 tbsp date balsamic
- freshly ground black pepper and sea salt to taste
- Mix all ingredients in a salad bowl
- Mix in the dressing and stir well.
- Season with pepper and salt.
- Enjoy! It’s that simple