This refreshing and brightly coloured Persimmon Avocado Kale Salad is gorgeous, healthy and just perfect for the holidays. Persimmons are in season right now and I cannot get enough of them. The subtle sweetness of the persimmons works really well with the slight bitterness of the kale. I just love the fresh taste and feel of this salad: crispy pomegranates, refreshing persimmons, crunchy fennel, creamy avocado, fresh goat’s cheese and a zesty, slight sweet lemon-honey dressing. If you are not eating dairy, you can easily leave out the fresh goat’s cheese. The avocado already adds a lovely creaminess to this salad. This Persimmon Avocado Kale Salad bursts with simple but beautiful flavours. Persimmons are wide available in stores right now. Give it go. I am pretty sure you will fall in love with this salad too!
- a bunch of kale, chopped
- 1 persimmon, skin on and cut in bite-size chunks
- 1 avocado, peeled, cored and sliced
- 1/2 bulb of fennel, finely sliced
- 1/4 cup of pistachio nuts
- fresh goat’s cheese with truffle (optional)
- 1 pomegranate, seeds
- 6 tbsp of olive extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tbsp of lemon juice
- 1/2 tbsp of honey
- freshly ground black pepper and sea salt
- In a small bowl mix the dressing ingredients.
- Add the kale to large bowl and add the salad dressing, massaging it into the kale using your hands.
- Add the persimmon, avocado, pomegranate seeds, fennel and pistachio nuts.
- Crumble fresh goat’s cheese on top.