This Cinnamon Ginger Carrot Juice can help reduce inflammation. Whether you are an athlete or just working out a couple of times a week in the gym, inflammation is a natural part of recovery. If your diet is high in inflammatory foods or if you are working out too much, inflammation can build up in our system. This can negatively impact your natural healing process. By increasing your intake of antioxidants and anti-inflammatory foods the oxidative stress that builds up during a training session can be eliminated. Anti-inflammatory nutrients, such as ginger, cinnamon and turmeric, can help you recover from a training session. Carrot juice contains high amounts of beta carotene. Beta carotene changes to Vitamin A in the body. The anti-antioxidant properties of Vitamin A can help eliminate free radicals in the body and speed up your recovery. Read more on inflammation and sports recovery here.
- 1 large orange, skin on
- 3 carrots
- 2cm piece of fresh turmeric, peeled
- 2cm piece of fresh ginger, peeled
- 2 apples, skin on, steels off
- 1 tsp of cinnamon powder
- 1 tsp of raw honey (optional)
- Juice all fruits, the ginger and turmeric in a juicer.
- Add cinnamon and honey to add some sweetness to the juice.
- Stir well and enjoy this delicious Cinnamon Ginger Carrot Juice!