This Beet Apple Mint Salad is a brightly coloured, fresh and super-nutritious salad. I use a lot of raw beets in my cooking and juices. Raw beets have endless health benefits, including lowering blood pressure, decreasing inflammation and supporting women’s health. But did you know that beets can even help boost athletic performance? Apparently beets can help increase endurance and reduce fatigue by helping the body to burn oxygen more slowly. Read more about the effects of beets on athletic performance here. If you want to boost your performance right now and right here, try out my recipe for Beet Apple Mint Salad. It’s simple but so delicious.
- 1 red beet, peeled and cut in small strips
- 1 apple, skin on, cut in bite-size chunks
- 1 blood orange, wedges
- 1/3 cup of walnuts
- 1/3 cup of goat’s cheese (optional)
- 1 head of boston lettuce, washed
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- ½ lemon, juice
- 1/3 cup fresh mint
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- sea salt & freshly ground black pepper to taste
- In a large salad bowl mix all salad ingredients, except for the walnuts and goat’s cheese.
- Make the dressing in a separate jar
- Sprinkle dressing over the salad and add walnuts and goat’s cheese (optional).