These Roasted Sweet Potatoes with Cinnamon and Sage are super delicious and a great complement to your Christmas meal. The roasting enhances the natural sweetness of the sweet potatoes. Crunchy on the outside, soft on the inside, they are a healthy alternative to traditional (white) potato dishes. Sweet potatoes are a staple in my kitchen, especially during the winter season. They are my idea of comfort food. They have such a beautiful natural sweet flavour when roasted and they are rich in nutrients too. Sweet potatoes are also a healthy way to indulge your sweet tooth.
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 2 large sweet potatoes, scrubbed, skin on and cut into wedges
- 1 dried chili, crushed
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 1 handful of sage leaves, shredded by hand
- 1 stik of cinnamon, broken into pieces
- 1/4 cup of extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 lemon, juice
- freshly ground black pepper and sea salt to taste
- Pre-heat your oven to 200 degrees celsius.
- Lay the sweet potato wedges out in a single layer on a lightly greased non-stick baking tray. Drizzle with olive oil and mix with the broken sage leaves, crushed chili, garlic and cinnamon. Season with freshly ground black pepper and sea salt.
- Roast for 30 minutes or until tender.
- Remove the oven and transfer them to a serving platter. Garnish with fresh sage leaves and sprinkle extra virgin olive oil and lemon juice on top.