This gluten-free Mango Coconut Granola with pecans, shredded coconut and dried mango is really delicious and super healthy! I serve it with coconut yoghurt or cashew nut yoghurt, fresh mango and some extra shredded coconut on top. I usually have smoothies for breakfast in Spring and Summer. They are healthy, quick and easy but ever since I have discovered these two raw vegan yoghurts I have been treating myself with a delicious bowl of yoghurt with home-made granola and fresh fruits on the weekend. Breakfast is such an important element of my day. It’s something I really look forward to. I like to take my time for it, to enjoy it, even if it’s very early in the morning. This Mango Coconut Granola is inspired by spring. As the days are getting brighter and the temperature is rising, I notice I don’t like having my hearty winter porridges anymore. I feel deeply nourished when I have those on a cold winter morning but a bright Spring morning calls for something completely different, something lighter. So these days it’s either a green smoothie or a light granola with a serving of fresh fruits on top. Making your own granola is great if you want to eat in tune with the seasons. You can add anything you like, from spices and dried fruits to nuts and seeds. This Mango Coconut Granola is light and fresh and adds a bit of sunshine to your breakfast.
For the granola:
- 2 ½ cups of rolled gluten-free oats
- ½ cup of shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup dried mango (unsweetened), chopped
- 1/2 cup of almonds, chopped
- 1/2 cup of pecans, chopped
- 1/3 cup sunflower seeds
- 1 tsp of sea salt
- 1 tsp of cinnamon
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp of coconut palm sugar
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tbsp grated coconut
- 1/2 fresh mango, cut in bite-size chunks
- 200 gr of coconut yoghurt or cashew nut yoghurt.
- Preheat oven at 175 degrees celsius.
- In a large saucepan on low heat up heat oil, coconut sugar and maple syrup.
- When warm, mix all ingredients in, except for the dried mango, and stir well, until all ingredients are lightly coated.
- Take off heat and place mixture in a large baking tray. Spread out evenly.
- Roast in oven on 175 degrees celsius for 15-20 min, stirring every once in a while, to make sure the mixture is evenly roasted.
- When ready, allow to cool down. Add dried mango.
- When cooled down, store in an air-tight glass container.
- Serve with coconut yoghurt or cashew nut yoghurt.
If you enjoy this recipe and like to get free updates on what’s cooking up in my kitchen, sign-up for my newsletter here.