This Fresh Tomato Salsa is tantalizingly refreshing and is amazing with corn tortilla chips or tacos. It’s based on a recipe for a fresh Mexican salad called Pico de Gallo. This recipe calls for wild baby tomatoes but you can use any tomato you like. I just love all the different colours flavours and textures of the wild tomatoes. It makes this salsa look even more bright and colourful. You can not go wrong with this recipe. It always tastes great and it takes very little time to make. Take it with you to the park for a picnic or barbecue or serve it with homemade tacos.
- 20 baby ‘wild’ tomatoes, flesh removed and finely chopped
- a handful of cilantro, finely chopped
- 1 red onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 red chili peppers, seeds and veins removed, finely chopped
- 1 lime, juice
- 2 tbsp of extra virgin olive oi
- 1 tsp of coconut sugar
- 1 tsp sea salt
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Add all ingredients to a bowl. Set aside and allow to rest for at least 30 minutes so the flavours can develop.
- Serve right away! You can also make it in advance for dinner the next day. The flavours will have more opportunity to develop so it will be even tastier. Make sure you store the salsa in an air-tight container.