This Cilantro Lime Hummus is zesty and refreshing. The lime and cilantro (coriander) add a lovely freshness and the chili adds a bit of heat. Hummus is great on its own but I love eating it with a nice salad or on some gluten-free crackers as a quick and easy snack. It’s also a great party dip for tortilla chips or fresh veggies, like bell pepper, celery and baby tomatoes. I love to serve this when I have lots of friends coming over and I am serving food mezze-style in small plates. Enjoying food is all about sharing it with family and friends. I prefer to serve a variety of small dishes to share around the table to serving a three-course dinner. It is such as relaxed and casual way to enjoy food with friends. With a huge variety in dishes, in flavours and textures, anyone gets to enjoy whatever they like and is free experiment with new things.
- 1 can (240g) of chickpeas
- 2 tbsp of tahini
- ½ cup of fresh cilantro (coriander)
- 1 lime, juice
- 1 tsp of lime zest
- 2 garlic clove, peeled
- 1/3 cup of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small red dried chili pepper
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- freshly ground black pepper
- sea salt
- a little water
- Combine all ingredients for the Cilantro Lime Hummus in a food processor, except for the water.
- Pulse until smooth.
- At the end, add some water and pulse again until you have a smooth and creamy consistency. Mine is slightly more chunky because I didn’t use my food processor but I prefer my hummus smooth.
- Serve with gluten-free bread, pre-cut veggies, tortilla chips or a green salad.