This Baby Spinach Pomegranate Salad is inspired by my recent trip to Athens. I was in Athens for the European Yogi Nomads event and we went to the most amazing restaurants. My most memorable dish was a delicious salad with baby spinach leaves, pomegranate and roasted almonds. If you are ever visiting Athens, pay a visit to Mama Roux and Tzitzikas kai Mermigas. They have the beautiful food and great salads. I have tried to re-create my favourite salad at home. This time I couldn’t find baby spinach so I used lamb’s lettuce instead. Both spinach and lamb’s lettuce work really well in this salad.
- a bunch of baby spinach leaves or lamb’s lettuce
- 1 pomegranate, seeds
- 1/4 cup, roasted almonds
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced into rings
- 1/4 cup Greek feta cheese, crumbled (optional)
Cilantro Balsamic Dressing
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, tightly packed
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 clove of fresh garlic
- 1/2 tsp of ground cumin
- 1 fresh green chili pepper, deseeded
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 lemon, juice
- freshly ground black pepper and sea salt to taste
- Add baby spinach of lamb’s lettuce leaves to a large salad bowl.
- Add all dressing ingredients to your food processor and process until all ingredients are thoroughly combined.
- Sprinkle the dressing over the salad.
- Serve with thinly sliced red onion, pomegranate seeds and roasted almonds. You can crumble Greek feta cheese on top, if you like.